Monday, September 8, 2008

We're Pregnant!!

September 08, 2008, 9:15 am, Idaho Fertility Clinic. This was our 4th IUI attempt after trying for 3.5 years and that morning I went in for a pregnancy test...

Typically it takes the fertility clinic a few hours to process the results of a pregnancy test, so I went about my day as normally as possible. New drivers license (and a rather good picture), took my car in for maintenance, lunch with Jon then home for a nap.

Around 1pm I awoke to my phone ringing. It was the fertility clinic.

I quickly began to give myself a pep talk about handling the potentially bad news.... "It's going to be alright, we'll try again" I said, then I answered the phone.

It was Shane, one of the many wonderful nurses I had worked with during our fertility appointments. Our conversation when something like this:

Me: Hello
Shane: Kortney, it's Shane, you're pregnant!!!
Me: What?!
Shane: Kortney you're pregnant! I'm so happy for you...I saw your chart and the positive results and had to be the one to tell you! You're pregnant!
Me: (Crying) Oh my gosh, Shane thank you so much!
Shane: I was was so excited to tell you that I didn't get any of your paperwork together so I'm going have to put you on hold.
Me: (Still crying)

Eventually Shane came back to the phone and told me that our precious baby Tracy is due May 19, 2009!

About 10 seconds after I got off the phone I started pacing the house. I didn't know what to do. I was experiencing such a whirlwind of emotions. I was crying and laughing and thanking God for hearing our prayers. I found myself standing at the back door with my phone. Should I call Jon or go seem him? I couldn't wait. I dialed his number and blurted it out "babe, were pregnant!". "Are you serious" he asked and I answered through tears "yes"!

There was silence.

I'm sure Jon was processing this incredible news just like me. I finally asked him to say something and with a quiver in his voice I heard "I don't know what to say".

What a beautiful day.

No comments: