Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

My first REAL tree (and Luella's too)!! I wasn't able to go pick it out with Jon because Lu Lu needed to nap, but he picked just the perfect one. It is beautiful. I had a great time decorating it and was so excited to see Luella's reaction, unfortunately she wasn't nearly as interested in the lights as I thought she'd be. Maybe next year.

I can't wait for the Christmas' when Luella and I can listen to Christmas music and decorate the house like my mom and I used to do (actually I can wait, we don't want her to grow up any faster than she already is). It will be wonderful when it happens.

Jon was on a roll this week and ended up decoring the outside of our house too. We have a pretty competitive neighborhood when it comes to decorating. I think our association even gives out prizes for the best decorations. One of the many over-achieving decorators lives just across the street. I hoped eventually all the pretty lights around would inspire us to join in on the fun, unfortunately it was guilt that drove Jon to Fred Meyers to buy lights. Either way, I'm happy they're up!

No comments: